2014 - 2015 Winter Season
Date: November 30-December 3, 2014
Location: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
ITC Registration: JHMR E-store ITC Registration
The Instructor Training Camp is designed as a training program for anyone interested in improving teaching and skiing/riding skills. At the end of the four day program we will be offering employment to selected qualified applicants who are committed to working a full season at the Jackson Hole Mountain Sports School.
The camp is also open to participants who are not seeking employment.
We invite all instructor candidates to attend our Instructor Training Camp to be held November 30-December 3, 2014 at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
The cost of the camp is $175 ($100 if you have current Level 1 PSIA/AASI* or foreign equivalent certification).
Job offers will be extended to selected qualified participants upon completion of the Instructor Training Camp. This program counts as a PSIA/AASI* Entry Level clinic. Any candidate successful in gaining employment with the JHMSS and completing the PSIA/AASI* Level 1 Certification during the 2014-2015 season will be reimbursed for one-half of their certification costs.
If you wish to be considered for employment, please complete either the ski or snowboard instructor application, and register for the ITC online (links below):
ITC registration is required by November 28, 2014.
Please also include your resume and two letters of recommendation, preferably from within the service industry.
You may substitute a copy of your last instructor evaluation from your most recent ski and snowboard school for one letter of recommendation if you have prior instructor experience.
New Hire Selection Process
To qualify for selection as a Jackson Hole Mountain Sports School instructor, candidates must excel in the following areas:
- Professionalism - appearance, punctuality, attitude and conduct
- Communication - presentation, articulation and feedback
- Skiing/Riding Level - versatility, control and technique
- Adaptability - willingness and ability to learn
- Participation - enthusiasm, interaction, attentiveness
- Safety - personal and group safety
Positions will be offered based on all of these criteria and not just a candidate's skiing/riding ability.
The number of positions available will depend on our 2014-2015 staffing needs. These numbers may not be finalized until December 3, 2014.
Training Course Activities
- On Hill - a presentation of the American Teaching System and a guided exploration of how we teach students to ski/snowboard (children and adults) at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Practice Teaching - an opportunity to teach in front of the group
- Personal Skiing/Riding Improvement
Employment Commitment and Availability
If selected for employment you will be required to attend a paperwork session on December 4, 2014 from 1 - 4 pm, paid on-snow training December 7-10, 2014 and be ready to work the peak holiday rush December 21, 2014-January 4, 2015. You will also be required to complete our winter season (which ends April 5, 2015) and work other peak periods over Martin Luther King weekend, Presidents' week and Spring break in addition to your regular schedule.
We will not offer employment to any candidate who cannot make this commitment.
For specific questions about the ITC please contact Lexey Wauters.
Mountain Sports School
* Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA)/American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI) or foreign equivalent.